Monday, July 19, 2010

Ugh. And again, I say...ugh.

So today was weigh and measure day...and it sorta sucked. Gained from last week, though still down from two weeks ago. That wouldn't have been such a big deal, but just about every measurement went up a bit too. Hmph.

I had a phone call today about a job I'd applied for. It's a merchandising position, one day a month, $100-something flat pay. Easy enough. They wanted me to interview Wednesday morning. But I'm planning to go in service. I've been trying to get in service on Wednesdays for a while, and this was the first time I'm actually gonna do it. So I said I wasn't available. I know I did the right thing, but I was just stressing tonight (again) about money. And here I get this call, out of nowhere? Of course, maybe it wasn't exactly serendipitous that I got the call in the first place, huh? Maybe that was an effort to get me to focus on the money issue instead of my spiritual issues.

Funny, too, that I had that substitute talk on Tuesday, where I happened to be telling my householder about making decisions in order to "be rich toward God" rather than be overly concerned about material things. It was good for me - it reinforced our decisions. I mean, part of why we have done what we've done is that we're paying (literally) for past mistakes. We pay out more on money we owe, right now, than we do in rent. But, regardless, I could still put Nolan in day care and get a full time job and put all that money toward our debt, with the intention of that being temporary. Thing is, it probably wouldn't be. Seems that there will always be something that "needs" that money put toward it.

I remember once hearing a brother give a talk at the Hall about a subject he *really* needed to work on. I don't remember what the talk was about, but I do remember who it was. Basically, he was a rich, pompous ass. So I would imagine the talk was on humility or something like that. I asked my mom why was *he* giving that talk?!?! She told me sometimes Jehovah gives us the talks that we really need to hear. So I got that talk Tuesday, because *both* people had to cancel their parts that night at the last minute. Perhaps **that** was the serendipitous part.

No comments: